Home Contact Us

2015 Montrose Avenue

Montrose, California 91020

Tel. (818) 957-8263

Fax: (818) 484-2389


Practice Areas
Important Questions
Firm Policies
Free Consultation



Business Law
Real Estate
Family law
Personal Injury
Wills and Estates






Family law




We will take some cases on a real estate lien basis with the client paying only hard costs up front.  Contact us for further information concerning this option.


Our firm provides aggressive representation in family law cases. Our representation extends to all parts of Los Angeles County.  We represent clients in divorce, spousal support, child custody/visitation and more, including:


    Noncustodial parent's right to move out of state with child,

    Modification of child custody, child visitation, child support,

    Modification of spousal support, and much more.


Our office treats every case with the aggressive and effective attention that each case deserves.


A marriage may be legally dissolved in California, returning the parties single status in three ways: (a) death of one of the parties; (b) a judgment of marriage dissolution; or (c) a judgment of nullity of marriage.   Allegations of “fault” play no role in a marriage dissolution proceeding which means that evidence of specific acts of misconduct are generally irrelevant and inadmissible in terms of dissolving the marriage itself.  Equal division of the community estate is ordinarily mandatory.  On the other hand, issues of “innocence” or “fault” are highly probative in a nullity proceeding.




Child Support: Child support issues include support obligations owed on behalf of a child or an amount owing to a county for reimbursement of public assistance paid on behalf of a child.  It also includes past-due support and arrearages as well as maintenance and education of children.


Spousal Support:  There are two general types of spousal support orders issued in a dissolution proceeding:


(1) Pendente lite: During the dissolution or legal separation proceeding the court may order one party to pay an amount necessary for the support of the other.  Until entry of a final judgment, pendente lite spousal support can be awarded without regard to the merits of the case.


(2) By judgment: In a judgment of dissolution or legal separation, the court may order a party to pay for the support of the other party for a period of time that the court determines is just and reasonable, based on the standard of living established during the marriage.  Final judgments containing support provisions can be modified if there is a substantial change in circumstances. 




Under the Family Code, the Superior Court is empowered, during the dissolution proceeding or at any time thereafter, to make an order for the custody of a child during minority that seems necessary or proper.









Practice Areas ] Important Questions ] Firm Policies ] Resume ] Free Consultation ]

2015 Montrose Avenue

Montrose, California 91020
Copyright © 2005 Law Offices of David A. De Paoli